zLogger is a Remote persistent keylogger it is written in python, and can generate executables that run on Windows and Linux, once executed on a system it’ll run the background, record every key-strike and report to the email specified when the keylogger was generated.
- Logs keys pressed on keyboard
- Sends reports by email.
- Starts with system startup.
- Works with Linux and Windows.
- Does not require root or admin privileges.
1. Nvigate to the /opt directory (optional):
2. Clone the repo
git clone https://github.com/z00z/ZLogger.git
3. Navigate into zLogger’s directory
4. Run the installer
PS: this might take some time as it’ll install all the programs and libraries needed by zLogger.
5. Done, now you can run zLogger from this working directory using the following command
Removing the keylogger:
- Go to star, type regedit and run the first program, this will open the registry editor.
- Navigate to the following path Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
- There should be an entry called winexplorer, right click this entry and select Delete.
- Go to your user path > AppData > Roaming, you’ll see a file named “Windows Explorer.exe”, this is the keylogger, right click > Delete.
- zLogger Git repo – https://github.com/z00z/ZLogger