Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Red
    Participant

I am on the AP ‘honey pot’ section and everything works up untill the device trys to connect to the AP.. it will connect no problem but it will have no internet.. it worked the first time, than for some reason stopped. i tried different devices to connect and still has the same issue…?
    could you help me with this?

Red
    Participant

what i noticed is that when i run it for the first time after i boot up Kali in VM the eth0 has its own IP and the wlan0 does not, once i start the honey pot wlan0 gets its IP, but after about 10 minutes or so eth0 drops its IP and that’s when the Honey Pot loses the internet and will not work again unless i shut the VM down and start the process again… The Honey Pot will show a network but there will not be any internet, kind of like its switching to start-noupstream.sh…i do the normal start-nat-full.sh just like the video says before i start the Honey Pot so idk what the issue is…

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi BigRed!
    Can I see the result of ​ifconfig ​BEFORE starting mana, and the contents of ​start-nat-simple.sh ​and ​hostapd-mana.config ​please?

Can I also see a screenshot of Kali’s network settings please?
    So just right click the Kali machine in Virtual Box >> Setting >> Network, take a screenshot and post it here please.​​​
    Also can you please give me the exact model of your adapter?

Thanks!
    Diego

Red
    Participant

/>”>file:///root/Pictures/Screenshot%20from%202020-05-22%2011-46-48.png” alt=”scrn shot” />

Red
    Participant
    Red
    Participant

View post on imgur.com

it is a alfa AWUS036NHA

Red
    Participant

it is a alfa AWUS036NHA

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi BigRed!
    In the result of ifconfig I can’t see wlan0, Why? didn’t you plug it?
    Let me know.
    Diego

Red
    Participant

i dodnt have it plugged in.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Please attach it and send the results of ifconfig please.
    Thanks!
    Diego

Red
    Participant
    Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi Red!
    Thanks.
    Now we are just missing the contents of ​start-nat-simple.sh ​and ​hostapd-mana.config.

Can you tell me the exact model of your adapter?(brand and model)

Thanks!
    Diego

Red
    Participant

can you please look again because everything is there i posted it the first time you asked!

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi Red!
    You’re right, I missed them, sorry for that.

Ok, so does eth0 works properly when you are not doing this attack? I mean if kali always have internet connection vie eth0.
    Which OS does your host machine have? Which VirtualBox version are you using?

Let me know.
    Diego

Red
    Participant

my host machine is kali linux. yeah eth0 works fine up until i do the honeypot.. and its 6.1 virtual box

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.