Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    carter.james199
    Participant

Yes it was http://www.website.org/ and what do you mean the code source page? I’m dropping some more pictures of my output when I run the program. It’s a weird screenshot so just zoom in on the top left part of the image.

carter.james199
    Participant
    Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Unfortunately tour screenshot is unreadable, is to small even after zooming in, can you share a bigger one? Or change the color and font size, and having a transparent terminal doesn’t help here.
    About source code, it was explained by Zaid in the lectures, you can display it by clicking ctrl + u (at least that works in kali) or right click and select View Source Code.

Greetings!
    Diego

carter.james199
    Participant

Ok I see I’ll repost better screenshots later when I get to my desk. But bro I can’t see the page source cause nothing is loaded. Clicking o n view page source in my browser just brings me to the source page for the basic landing page of Firefox. Like I’ve been saying I don’t get any responses just request go out.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    You previously said And flushing iptables didn’t work it made the browser start getting responses and load the page yes but i was still unable to see any responses in my terminal. , and now you are saying that there are no responses, so is the browser working or not? And if not then why did you said it was getting responses? Can you explain?

Let me know.
    Diego

carter.james199
    Participant

View post on imgur.com

First here’s the edited screenshots of what I get when running the code. The code I’m running doesn’t add anything into the source code yet. I’m still at the part where we’re trying to remove encoding from the packets, so I can see plain text packets in my terminal. There is nothing in the page source that different, so I’m not sure what I should be checking for. My code is only changing the load of the request nothing else. So when I flush iptables I don’t see anything useful just the page loads up after a minute into the browser

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    So for the code to work you need to navigate to a http site, this initial firefox page will not work nor be injected. When I said to check source code I meant with the page you are using to inject the code. In this initial page it’s common to don’t get responses as you are not requesting any page at the moment, the requests you see in terminal are just default packets sent by the browser when you open it.

And you didn’t answer my question? Is the browser working? I mean is it loading the pages normally?

Let me know.
    Diego

carter.james199
    Participant

Diego, I have been using the website.org site to test the code injector. Obviously I’m not trying to inject code into the Firefox homepage. After I start the python script to capture packets from the website I then go to my browser and put in Website.org. The code I’m running doesn’t yet change any website HTML it only modifies the load, so I can get the HTML elements in my terminal in plain text. The request show up in my terminal as the page tries to load. It continues to send out request after request but with no response received in my browser or terminal. I know this because my browser stalls while trying to load website.org. It gets stuck on the new tab page and can’t load the page. I also know this because the terminal only shows [+]Request over and over. I also know its sending request to website.org because using .show() on the packet before its sent the packet is asking for website.org. And yes my browser works normally when no iptables rules are set. It loads website.org correctly when the script is not running with iptables rules set.

I hope you understand my problem now and what’s really happening I want to move on to other sections but this is holding me back.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Can you share your code in pastebin so I can test it?

Thanks!
    Diego

carter.james199
    Participant
    Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Cool, I’ll let you know on monday or sooner if I tested it before.

Greetings!
    Diego

carter.james199
    Participant

Ok thanks
    looking forward to hearing from you

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!

I just give a try and found the error, you are deleting the UDP checksum and len, remove those lines and add:

del pkt[TCP].chksum

Then the code will work.

Greetings!
    Diego

carter.james199
    Participant

Hi Diego,
    Thank you for your help that defiantly did fix some errors. But I don’t know if it’s due to my network or my computer connection, but it still holds the browser up from loading the page. I get some responses in my terminal saying “501 not implemented” and the browser gets stuck on a white loading page. Also I get this index error every once and a while saying there was no tcp layer found?

carter.james199
    Participant

I tried on a different http website the site u have me to test the file interceptor. Just to see if it was the site that was holding me from loading. And it still didn’t work now I just also got 404 bad request responses. Why is that?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.