Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Red
    Participant

hey Zaid
    I cannot figure out what to do to get the handshake.. I tried everything I can think of, when I run the deauth the device disconnects no problem but when reconnecting it doesnt grab the handshake.. so I moved onto the next section when I installed nexpose it seemed to work the local3780 web page loaded but when I hit the create section it doesnt load properly.. like it doesnt load any of the fields or images. and now I cant figure out how to open nexpose again.. Hopefully this finds you, I’m starting to feel like I’m going in circles and making no progress at all… thanks!

Zaid Sabih

Hello BigRed,
    Does the simple Deauth attack work?

As for Nexpose, how much memory and CPU did you assign to Kali?

Red
    Participant

yes deauth works fine disconnects as it should and 2CPU
    2049MB

Red
    Participant

I find Kali is very slow aswell

Zaid Sabih

For Nexpose you need a minimum of 6Gb memory assigned to Kali, if you can’t give it that much then its fine cause we won’t be using Nexpose in any of the next lectures.

Red
    Participant

ok thanks. snd what about the wpa handshake issue

Zaid Sabih

What about it? can you please explain the issue in details?

Red
    Participant

when I’m using airodump-ng with a target bssid
    I’ll run aireplay with a deauth command in a split terminal and once its finished the wpa handshake still will not show I know the deauth is working as my device disconnects and reconnects.

Vashisht Boodhun
    Participant

Please try disconnecting a different client, and try using a larger deauth number such as 20. Also, can you please try to just connect to a network while airodump-ng is running on it? from this I want to see if airodump-ng is able to capture the handshake.

Red
    Participant

I have done everything you have said and still wont capture the handshake I litteraly have no clue what’s going on

Red
    Participant

I did deauth for 100 and I’ve manually disconnected device and reconnected. I’ve even tried 2.4 and 5ghz and still

Vashisht Boodhun
    Participant

Please try to re-enable monitor mode again using this:

ifconfig wlan0 down
    airmon-ng check kill && rfkill unblock all
    iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor
    ifconfig wlan0 up

– Make sure you do NOT connect the adapter until Kali fully loads, and after you log in as root,
    – Connect it directly to the computer, don’t use a hub or an extension, and
    – Try different USB ports in your PC with different USB settings (2.0 & 3.0) in Kali USB settings in Vbox.

If the above didn’t help, then try to enable monitor using another method:

If all of the above didn’t help then try updating Kali using the following commands
    apt-get update

Hope this helps.

Red
    Participant

so I’m getting the pmkid. instead of the wpa handshake. and sometimes it appears to be the same as the mac address??

Vashisht Boodhun
    Participant

Can you tell me the exact model of your wifi adapter?

Thank you.

Red
    Participant

AC650LONG RANGE USB WI-FI ADAPTER
    MODEL:AC5 VERISON V2
    it wasnt that expensive cost me around 20 canadian. is it possible that it works on and off because its cheap

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.