Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Aayan_001
    Participant

I recently bought a Atheros AR9271 2.4 Ghz USB WiFi Wireless Adapter.
    Whenever I connect my adapter, it disconnects after few minutes and my screen gets stuck.
    Please help

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Are you sure you are using the latest custom kali image provided by Zaid? It’s important!

Which course are you on?

Let me know.
    Diego

Aayan_001
    Participant

Hey!
    Yes I downloaded the latest custom version of kali image by Zaid. I have a problem when i change my mac address and the screen just gets stuck. After that when i carry out aircrack-ng, it gets stuck. My wireless adapter is also new.
    I use the wireless adapter for the python and network hacking course

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Do you mean that kali freezes after changing wireless adapter mac address? Or are those separate issues?
    It looks like your kali is freezing in general, isn’t it?

Which VirtualBox version are you using?
    Can you tell me more details about your OS?(RAM, free disk space, processor, etc)
    Thanks!
    Diego

Aayan_001
    Participant

My kali now only freezes after I change my mac address and also having problems with aircrack-ng.
    I have a 16gb Ram
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 4700 with radion graphics and 2GHZ
    Have about 800 GB free disk space.
    Virtual box is the latest version 6.1

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!

Did you add the card to the USB list as shown in lectures? If you did, then make sure that you don’t physically connect the card to the computer until Kali is fully booted, connect the card, then go to the devices menu (beside the file menu) >> USB >> Click your device.
    If you’ve already done the above, then please try the following suggestions:

– Experiment with connecting the adapter before and after Kali fully loads, and after you log in as root.
    – Experiment with setting the adapter to use USB 2 and USB 3 in VirtualBox’s USB settings.
    – Make sure you connect the adapter directly to the computer, don’t use a hub or an extension.
    – And experiment with connecting the adapter to different USB ports.

Let me know how it goes!
    Diego

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.