Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    AN07
    Participant

Hi,

I purchased a Alfa AWUS036AC and have gotten it working on my host machine which is a Linux distro based on Ubuntu 20.04 by manually installing the RTL8812AU drivers.

However, when I try to connect it through the Virtual Box USB settings, it does not detect the adapter and I cannot add it to the list of USB devices. Do you know of any way to get this working if Linux is the host machine?

AN07
    Participant

I have fixed this issue. The fix can be seen here: https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=82639

If on a Linux host, are you a member of the 'vboxusers' group? If not, add yourself with the following command and then reboot your host, or logout and login to activate the change in group membership:

sudo usermod -a -G vboxusers <your_username>
    Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!

Cool you got it!
    Diego

ibrahimalabdulla
    Participant

Hi

I purchased TL-WN725N V3 ( in the box it mentions its USB 2.0) and have gotten it working on my main operating system which is MacBook OS and installed the driver. However, When I enter the Kali linux system through VM I can’t find the device in there even though I have added the device in the VM settings (Port>USB>enable USB controller). Please help me why I the Kali can’t detect the WIFI Adaptor

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Maybe these videos can help:

Let me know how it goes!
    Diego

racerdude45
    Participant

in lecture 18.2 if uses the ip on wlan0 which for some reason when ever i put the command ifconfig wlan0 it doesnt show the ip address for the adopter

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    I’ve already answered you in the other same question, so let’s keep it there please.

Thanks!
    Diego

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.