Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    goby245
    Participant

Hello! I want to get more information about hacking. I did my own researches and found book Hacking: The Art of Exploitation(2018), I read reviews and someone said that this book is outdated, despite this I read 40 pages of this book and for now this book is little bit difficult for me (language C and Assembler), but topics shown in there impress me.

So, would you recommend me to read this book or I have to start with another book ( WEB hacking is not interesting for me) ?

Thanks!

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Which field are you interested in? I don’t know that book but maybe you should try with something a bit easier, or an introduction to a topic of your interest.

Let me know.
    Diego

goby245
    Participant

I dont really interested in a web hacking. My interest is to hack computers/make malware and know how to find exploits and make them. Information shown in Zaids ethical hacking from scratch good, but I think there are a lot of good ways of getting full control, my goal is not hacking secure systems, my goal is to hack default windows systems without ‘noise’

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!

You have many field to cover then, also you’ll need to learn some basic coding to understand how programs work. For windows c, c++, c# and .net are the most common languages. Try to read info about window’s vulnerabilities, for example Eternalblue and understand smb communication protocol, and so on.

Here you can read about specific window’s vulnerabilities:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/security-updates/securitybulletins/2017/ms17-023

Hope it helps!
    Diego

goby245
    Participant

Thanks for info about windows vulnerabilities! Also, could you please give me a book, I can start with? Because, I guess I will learn just raw info and this will drag on days..

🙂

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!

Unfortunately I don’t know a book about windows vulnerabilities, but fell free to do some google research. It’s important to develop searching skills.

Greetings!
    Diego

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.