Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    samuel cauneac
    Participant

In the course we are taught how to crack WEP when there is no traffic by using a fakeauth. I’ve successfully done it on 2.4ghz, but when I try practicing on 5ghz, I am unable to authenticate with the network. When I run the fakeauth command im told “no such BSSID available”. I would greatly appreciate some help on this as I don”t want to move on in the course till I nail this down.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi Samuel!
    Does you adapter supports 5GHz band?

Can you tell me the exact model of your adapter?(brand and model)

Thanks!
    Diego

samuel cauneac
    Participant

Yes my adapter supports 5ghz, its the Alfa AWUS036ACH

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Are you running reaver before the fakeauth attack?
    Let me know.
    Diego

samuel cauneac
    Participant

Im running a fakeauth to run a ARP Request Replay attack, but the fakeauth wont work on 5ghz

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi Samuel!
    Did you add the card to the USB list as shown in lecture 11? If you did, then make sure that you don’t physically connect the card to the computer until Kali is fully booted, connect the card, then go to the devices menu (beside the file menu) >> USB >> Click your device.
    If you’ve already done the above, then please try the following suggestions:

– Experiment with connecting the adapter before and after Kali fully loads, and after you log in as root.
    – Experiment with setting the adapter to use USB 2 and USB 3.
    – Make sure you connect the adapter directly to the computer, don’t use a hub or an extension.
    – And experiment with connecting the adapter to different USB ports.

Let me know how it goes!
    Diego

samuel cauneac
    Participant

Hello, thank you so much for the help, but unfortunately none of those worked. At this point im convinced its a bug no one has yet encountered. As a hacker, how do you overcome problems like these? Of course you troubleshoot, but what happens if nothing works?

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi Samuel!
    Then you can try a different vector attack, like making a fake AP replicating the name of your target network. The best thing to do is look at the last lecture of the course (bonus lecture) it contains all the courses that you can take with this course and a comparison between them. The Network Hacking Advanced course shows this kind of techniques.
    In the current course you’ll learn one method as well.

Hope it helps!
    Diego

samuel cauneac
    Participant

Hello. there is no bonus lecture for this course, although there is one on the Udemy version. Will the bonus lecture be added onto this one?

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi Samuel!

Will pass your question to Zaid.

Thanks!
    Diego

Zaid Sabih

Sorry we forgot to do that, we’ll add it ASAP.

Thanks
    Zaid

samuel cauneac
    Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.