Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    HTRxx
    Participant

I know this topic is not with this course but if you can help me that would be great. So when I use weevely and generate a php shell and upload it to the website, I get a blank page so it works. Yet when I try to connect to it an error occurs: [!][terminal] Backdoor communication failed. Check URL availability and password. The URL is correct and the password is also correct.

Zaid Sabih

Are you sure you’re using the right password because there is stating either the URL is wrong or the password is wrong.
    If you are sure are can you please show me the command you’re using and the error you’re getting?

HTRxx
    Participant

The password is right so I guess the url is the problem here, but when I uploaded the file, the file was like a link so I right clicked on it and clicked on open in a new tab. What I found was a blank page and a force download to my shell so I assumed that it works as long as there is a blank page. I used the command “ weevely (url) password” and got [!][terminal] backdoor communication failed. Check url availability and password.

Zaid Sabih

Yeah if you’re being forced to download it then it will not work because that means the PHP code inside it is not getting executed instead this server is simply serving you in the file allowing you to download it but it’s not executing it on the target system.

HTRxx
    Participant

How can I bypass it? Btw it’s not my server.

Zaid Sabih

Please do not test against it any more if it is not your server, because this is illegal.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.