Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    buystuff1234
    Participant

Hello, i have a issue that my vmware machines kali and windows (set up according to instructions of the course) are without internet connection suddenly.
    At first the wired icon in the right top corner was missing, so made the adjustment in /etc/network/interfaces/ and i added:
    auto eth0
    iface eth0 inet dhcp
    That made the wired icon come back but still without connection. Running ifconfig, it shows eth0 without ip address.
    So ran dhclient eth0, but also without success. Rebooted a few times. Deleted Kali from vmware and installed again but also no succes.
    Any help is very appreciated, thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Are you sure you are using the latest custom kali image provided by Zaid? It’s important!
    Have you ran apt upgrade or apt dist-upgrade? I’m not suggesting you to do it just asking.

Also, I won’t suggest to modify those network files. So, in any case import a new kali and disable the antivirus and firewall in your host machine and then try again.

Greetings!
    Diego

buystuff1234
    Participant

Hello Diego, Yes i downloaded the kali image from the link here on zsecurity. I havent ran upgrade. I completely installed a new operating system, Ubuntu and new vmware and kali but had the same issue. I found a solution from vmware website. To put in bridged mode and go to terminal and press enter, and indeed directly you get a wired connection and everything runs. Only nat mode does not… I do not use a firewall but i do use a private dns server, nextdns. But also when i disable nextdns the issue remains.. Is it possible that the instalation of nextdns messes something up to be able to use nat mode… otherwise im running out of ideas.
    Let me know if you have any suggestions. thank you

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Yeah, that could be the possible cause of the problem. If you have another machine with windows you can do the test.

Greetings!
    Diego

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.