Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Fola
    Participant

Please I need help on how to get to the pycharm.sh file in the updated version of the pycharm-community-2021.3.2.
    below is a screenshot of my output. Thank you

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    There’s no screenshot attached, maybe try to upload it to Gdrive and share the link here.

Greetings!
    Diego

Fola
    Participant

Thank you for your prompt response Diego. Here’s the link:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D2u7kqj0wLCz6PHbZW79DOL7CiOUvZTV/view?usp=sharing

Fola
    Participant
    Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Well, the issue is that for some reason you downloaded the windows version, look at the file there, there are some .bat and .exe files which are windows only executables. So download the proper Linux version and everything will work as expected.

Greetings!
    Diego

Fola
    Participant

Hello Diego,
    I’m actually running my virtual machine on a window operating system not Linux.
    When I first downloaded the pycharm 2021.3.1 community version, the pycharm.sh file was there.
    When I needed to download the pycharm this month, there has been an update to 2021.3.2 and in this update, the pycharm.sh file has been replaced.
    The help I need now is knowing which file I can use to open the pycharm IDE through the terminal.
    Thank you.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Kali is a linux machine, it doesn’t matter what is the OS that it is running on, it will still be a linux machine and it will need linux files. So download the pycharm linux version because we will run in kali which is linux. As mentioned earlier .exe files (which is the extension of the executables inside the pycharm version you have downloaded) are for windows only, and they won’t run in kali because kali is a linux machine.

Greetings!
    Diego

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Diego PérezDiego Pérez.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.