Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    FlashSn0w
    Participant

Hi Diego,
    I am unable to receive a connection from the Windows machine via the backdoor. When I listen for incoming connections on the Kali machine and I start the reverse_backdoor.py on the Windows VM, it just refuses to connect and my listener just carries on listening until I stop it.

FlashSn0w
    Participant

My backdoor fails to connect to the Kali machine even when I run it as a regular Python script.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!

Can you show the results of:
    ifconfig and route -n in kali
    ipconfig in windows
    Can you share a screenshot of the Network settings used in VMware for both machines?

Can you share your scripts please?

Thanks!
    Diego

FlashSn0w
    Participant

Hi Diego,
    Thank you for helping me. This is the link for all the files you asked me for: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/agfk3bkxyvz60/backdoor_files
    I decided to put them in a folder so it will be easier for you to see them.

Greetings,
    FlashSn0w

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Can you please upload the files into your gdrive and share the link here? don’t take it personal but I don’t like to download and run/open unknown files.

Greetings!
    Diego

FlashSn0w
    Participant

Hi Diego,
    Hopefully, now everything is good. This is the link for the files in google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ij5pxT7cdeSBF2Nu7q49ELegd-RG5Wwp/view?usp=drivesdk
    I send the files in a zip archive in order to save as much space as I can in my Google Drive.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by FlashSn0w.
    Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!

As mentioned above I don’t download/open unkown files, so when I said to upload it to gdrive I meant each file individually not a zip, in any case each file is just some KBs long, they are very small. Also I tried to open the zip but it doesn’t have the proper permissions, check the attached image.

Greetings!
    Diego

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    FlashSn0w
    Participant

Hi Diego,
    This is the link for a folder in my Google Drive which contains all the files you asked me for: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HR78S6wvnTIaNBM8Ogm3-txEPaigGTa8?usp=sharing

FlashSn0w
    Participant

And also Diego what should I do? Should I carry on using Kali as a VM or should I create an installation media and dual boot it with Windows on my PC?

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    You have modified the script to work as an executable, so you need to compile it in order to work. And the listener should be running and waiting for connections before running the backdoor, did you did it that way?

And I won’t suggest to install kali as main OS, there might be some hardware compatibility issues, so it’s better to keep it as a virtual machine.

Greetings!
    Diego

FlashSn0w
    Participant

What do I need in order to compile it? I have Python3 on my Windows virtual machine and while my Kali machine is listening for incoming connection, I run “python reserve_backdoor.py” in Windows in order to connect to the Kali machine but nothing happens, it just quits.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    The instructions to compile it are in the lectures, just follow them. And as mentioned you have modified it to work as an executable, it won’t work as a python script.

Greetings!
    Diego

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.