Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    michael.jlotter
    Participant

Hi,

I have tried installing pyinstaller on my Kali machine. I have used old and newer versions of kali and of python, but i always get an error message.

is there another tool for kali which can be used to convert a .py file to a .exe.

Thanks

michael.jlotter
    Participant

Hi,

Since I have posted in this forum, I have attempted many ways to get Pyinstaller to work on Kali 2020.4 and using Python3.9

I get nothing but error messages trying to use this to convert my .py to a .exe

In wine/drive_c/python32, I have Pyinstaller folder in /Tools/Scripts, however when I use the cmd line to convert the file, it throws out errors.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Pyinstaller’s windows version 3.6 will work great with wine and can compile functional executables from linux, I have tested it my self, actually using it with python3 gives a lot of issues. Maybe try using this other tool:

https://pypi.org/project/py2exe/

I haven’t tested it yet as the mentioned version of pyinstaller is working fine but fell free to give it a try.

Hope it helps!
    Diego

michael.jlotter
    Participant

Hello,

neither of those worked.

Apparently PIP is not supported in Python 3 so cant install py2exe, and previous versions of python have reached end of life.

I will have to try purging my linux system and starting it again

Thanks

Mike

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Cool, Let me know how it goes!
    Diego

michael.jlotter
    Participant

Nothing worked.

I have tried purging and reinstalling a kali linux system, with different releases.

Each release will not install wine which rules out the use of any .exe build or install.

looks like i will have to wait to complete the course until Kali steps up its game and fixes linux installation issues and package installation issues.

very dissappointing

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    As mentioned before I tried this with custom kali v1.3 and it worked fine, I just run the commands:
    apt update
    apt install -y wine

And I was able to install python interpreter and pyinstaller, so I would recommend that.

Greetings!
    Diego

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.