Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    donatas
    Participant

i did everything as zaid showed but i don’t know why it doesn’t work

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    What do you mean by “it doesn’t work”? Have you checked the content of the data directory?

Greetings!
    Diego

donatas
    Participant

I mean it doesn’t create data.txt file in data directory

Attachments:
    Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Are you running the login.php script in a cloud instance?

Greetings!
    Diego

donatas
    Participant

yes

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    And did you install apache server? Because php files shouldn’t display the code in screen when navigating to them, just like Zaid’s screen you should see an empty page, so it seems your web server is not running php code.

Greetings!
    Diego

smuigai
    Participant

I have same exact problem, when i hit log in nothing happens and my ‘data’ folder is empty, nothing gets written into it

Attachments:
    Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Can you share the content of the login.php script? Also share a screenshot of how it looks when you visit login.php through the browser.

Greetings!
    Diego

smuigai
    Participant

Amazon flagged my account for violation for hosting a ‘phishing’ website in their cloud so i had to delete my kali. Can i host the same on Linode instead of aws? Thank you.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Yes, you can try it, it should work.

Greetings!
    Diego

Chikito
    Participant

Hello Zsecurity team,

I’m a new student here, and I also have the same issue, nothing gets written to the data.txt file in my /var/www/html/data directory even though the login.php file is in /var/www/html the same directory as index.html which is my cloned page.

I modified the HTML code and did everything EXACTLY the way Zaid did. I should note that I also updated and upgraded all my packages and that my machine is up to date, I also made sure I have PHP properly installed.

Additionally, I also changed the ownership and permissions of the data directory, everything in my /var/www/html and its subdirectories have kali:kali for group ownership and permissions.

Can someone please tell me what I did wrong? or if maybe the lesson needs to be updated?

Thank you.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi Chikito!
    Can you open a new thread please, there share screenshots from all the settings you have mentioned above.

Greetings!
    Diego

Chikito
    Participant

Hey Diego,

Cloudflare blocks my screenshots and code.
    You can see the whole issue on Discord > Masterclass > Storing Login info on file.

Can you please help me out, I’ve been stuck on this for days and no one is helping…

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Ok, I answered you there but you didn’t answer back. So check the Discord channel.

Greetings!
    Diego

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.