- March 24, 2021 at 12:34 am #53366LeylandmParticipant
I purchased the above captioned Adapter and attempted to install in on Kali but keep getting this error message…”failed to attach the USB device Realtek Semiconductor Corp. to the virtual machine”
I installed the drivers in Kali and attached it as shown in your video but still unable to get it working.
I have Kali installed as a virtual machine in Virtualbox on a Windows 10 host.
Any guidance will be appreciated.
LeylandmMarch 24, 2021 at 5:56 pm #53388Diego PérezModerator
Are you sure you are using the latest custom kali image provided by Zaid? It’s important!
Did you add the card to the USB list as shown in lecture 11? If you did, then make sure that you don’t physically connect the card to the computer until Kali is fully booted, connect the card, then go to the devices menu (beside the file menu) >> USB >> Click your device.
If you’ve already done the above, then please try the following suggestions:
– Experiment with connecting the adapter before and after Kali fully loads, and after you log in as root.
– Experiment with setting the adapter to use USB 2 and USB 3 in VirtualBox’s USB settings.
– Make sure you connect the adapter directly to the computer, don’t use a hub or an extension.
– And experiment with connecting the adapter to different USB ports.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.