Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    artuk
    Participant

Sorry for the strange method of posting this but as I received no replies to email queries after almost 2 weeks I was contacted by Basma Salman who asked me to post my questions in this forum.
    So I have copied the three emails I sent and you can see the autoresponse each time but nothing further, I also posted a query in the forum but that just ‘disappeared’, so hopefully you will get this query and be able to respond.
    There is nothing urgent here but I was begining to think that m emails were not reaching you.

8th April

Hello Arthur,

Thank you for contacting us, we will respond to you within 48 hours.

Regards
    zSecurity Team

————–
    Your Message:
    Hello again Zaid, great lecture on Ettercap, but I have one problem, when I do arpspoof everything works until I use bowser on target machine, ( I did turn off Kaspersky as that was protecting me) but with that off when I try and browse to any site including http I get msg
    opps this shouldn’t happen
    segmenatation fault

Please recompile in debug mode, reproduce the bug and send a report

any suggestions please
    Thanks
    Arthur

Hello Arthur,

Regards
    zSecurity Team

————–
    Your Message:
    Hello again, re my first email about ettercap not working, I ran ettercap in gui mode and arp poisioning worked fine using tshark to capture traffic, so is only the terminal version that doesn’t work for me.
    I also tried Bettercap and is so easy to target an ip and collect packets without arp poisoning I wonder is ettercap still a worthwhile option and wonder what advantage it may have.
    Thanks again, look forward to your comments.
    Arthur

Hello Arthur,

Regards
    zSecurity Team

————–
    Your Message:
    Hello again Zaid, not a question this time but a comment about stagers in Empire.
    You show bringing up stager options by hitting the tab key twice, however that did not work for me, a bit of checking suggested hitting the space bar and then tab x 2, this works for me every time, maybe you might check to see if this is now necessary.
    Thanks and regards
    Arthur

Zaid Sabih

Hello Arthur,

Yeah Basma is the store manager, she as some knowledge in Kali and wifi adapters but she hasn’t done all the courses, therefore she doesn’t know how to answer course-related questions.

I’m not sure why your old post disappeared, I spoke with the developer and tested the form myself and it seems like its working, maybe it was a glitch or something, I’m not sure….. Anyway I’m sorry about the delay.
    ———————————
    Hmm, this is strange, you’re sure your using the right IPs right??
    If this is an update version of Kali 2018.1 then please revert back to a fresh snapshot and try it, if it is a not an updated version the try
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    This issue is caused by one of the libraries that ettercap uses.
    ——————————-
    Bettercap is good too, I can see where you’re coming from cause you had issues with ettercap, therefore you prefer bettercap, it really depends on you, I never had any issues with ettercap and it has proven to me that it is very reliable, that’s why I like it, but you should just go with works best for you what you find your self most comfortable with, all of these are just programs at the end of the day, the main thing is that you as a person understand how they’re doing their job, so if they fail you can just try an alternative or write your own.
    ——————————–
    Yeah you’re right, you have to press a space and then tab twice, I actually do that in the video but kind of assumed people will do it automatically, this is my bad, I will update the lecture as soon as I can.

Sorry again for the delays

artuk
    Participant

Thanks for that, it seems to make sense these days as there are so many pre-written tools out there with so many options that it makes sense to become very familiar with a few and learn to use them effectively.

The only other thing I need to ask now, is how’s the Python going?, despite what I am currently playing with I will definately be adding your course to my list.

Thanks and regards
    Arthur

Zaid Sabih

Yeah exactly.

Its going great, the thing keeps growing, initially I wanted to make it much smaller than what it is now, so my original release date was end of April/start of May, but as I went through it I kept adding stuff to it cause it made sense, I am hoping to release it by end of May start of June max, I am very excited for this one though, I spent so much time in preparing it and think it is really useful, so I hope you like it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.