Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gusci
    Participant

hell i’m having an issue with pycharm, it works fine for 2 mimutes and then is almost impossible to keep typing , i get 1 character every 15 seconds and then it freezes for 5 minutes , i restart the virtual machine and it does it again, i don’t see any visible errors but the virtual machine was always a little slow and then i added more ram and seemed to help , but pycharm is not getting better, what can i do . i have a mac running Big sur , i7, 16 gb ram. i couldn’t find anything on line that made sense . thank you .

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    BigSur has some compatibility issues in general, so it can be it. But also if you are using a mac with a high resolution display it can be an issue as well. This is a known issue with retina displays, I experience it too, the only solution to this is to reduce the resolution before starting Kali, you can do that using an app called “resolution changer”, download it from the app store, set the resolution to 1080p and it should work. Or use any other app that reduces the resolution size.

Greetings!
    Diego

Gusci
    Participant

Also I’m getting this message, does it have anything to do with it?, and if it does how do I erase the Java options environment variables?
    I was trying to ad an image but it is impossible ha ha ha , I get a message on the bottom right corner that says: the use of Java options environment variables detected this can override IDE configuration files(*.vmoptions) and may cause performance and stability issues. Please consider deleting these variables:_JAVA_OPTIONS.can I fix this?
    Thank you.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    That warning is common but in general it doesn’t interfere with it’s performance, I can tell because I got the same warning as well and Pycharm works fine. But you can try to use a different IDE like Visual Studio Code. Is this the only app that has issues?

Let me know.
    Diego

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.