Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Akabueze
    Participant

Setoolkit and Beef not working on Public IP. When I put my public ip in my browser I get the message that “This page is not working” but everything works fine in internal IP.

Everything was setup properly in the port forwarding.

Please what could be the cause and what’s the solution?

Thanks

Akabueze
    Participant

Service apache2 start was active too.

Akabueze
    Participant

The public IP I’m testing with is one provided by zsvpn

Akabueze
    Participant

So I’m connected to a vpn and when I do what’s my IP, the IP address given to me by my vpn provider is what I use.

Akabueze
    Participant

During my pen testing, I connected to VPN, got my public Ip from google, insert it in beef script, went to my router and did port forwarding to my Kali wlan0 IP at range 3000. But I got no data page as seen on the link when I put the public IP I got from google with my VPN connected. I even tried the DMZ setting and it still won’t work. I tried the same public IP setloolkit and it didn’t work. But when I try it with internal IP, everything works well. I also tried this without VPN and it didn’t work. But the screenshot here is the result when I tried it with VPN. Is their something else I need to do on VM network setting because it has been on NAT throughout this test.

Here is the screenshot https://ibb.co/mcnjRmJ

Thanks

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi Akabueze!

For this kind of setup you’ll need to use a wireless adapter attached to kali and connected to your router.
    Do you have one? If so let’s try it first with the apache server.

Let me know.
    Diego

Akabueze
    Participant

I Used my wireless adapter connected to Kali and to the router and with service Apache2 start. This is what I’ve be doing but I think is something else causing the problem.

Thanks

Akabueze
    Participant

I Used my wireless adapter connected to Kali and to the router and with service Apache2 start. This is what I’ve be doing but I think is something else causing the problem.

Thanks

Akabueze
    Participant

Hello, I think I found what could be the problem. When I go to online port checker like canyouseeme.org I found out that my public address blocked all the ports I tried like 8080, 80, 8887, 4444 even with ports forwarded on my router but when I connect to zsvpn, all ports above are open. Please how do I set up with the Public IP provided by zsvpn because the last time I used it as my public IP, it didn’t open index page outside my network nor worked with beef and setoolkit

Thanks

Akabueze
    Participant

I also notice that the public IP address provided by my ISP keeps changing.

Akabueze
    Participant

I connected my Wireless Adapter, I connecred to zsvpn, I followed all the instructions by Zaid on how to setup for attacks outside my network. I did port forwarding with wlan0 IP which forwarded to port 8080, 80, 3000 and 4444. Then I host my page on /var/www/html setup setoolkit with the Public IP I got from google connected to the VPN. Then I also added the beef script with the same public IP I got from google using vpn but when I tried on a PC outside my network, the page didn’t open and I didn’t get hook on beef.

I have tried a lot of things, read a lot online trying to find solution to this.

I hope you understand my problem.

Thanks

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi Akabueze!
    As I said the first step is to chack that the ports are opened with apache. So if in canyouseeme.org you can see the port 80 opened when connected with ZVPN, then use the ip showed there (canyouseeme.org) to try to reach the apache server, also you’ll need to start it first.

Let me know how it goes!
    Diego

Akabueze
    Participant

Ok. But that what I did. I used the IP there to connect to my Apache server which I turned on as I about set up setoolkit to host the website. Except if you mean I don’t have setup setoolkit before trying to connect to Apache

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Yes, I meant to try apache without SET. And use the ip address you get in canyouseeme.org.
    All of this if you get a positive result about port opened.

Let me know how it goes!
    Diego

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.