Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mz001
    Participant

Hello hope u well, so i tried to create a fake AP and i followed all the rules to create it and i didnt had any errors but still i dont have a internet access on my fake AP. when i load sites on my iphone it says no internet connection but in some sites it loads the html page. i tried to connect a samsung device too and it says no internet connection too.

mz001
    Participant

Besides that im gonna avail this section to ask one more thing:
    i continued to lecture 4.10 and after changed the apache2 settings and add the rewrite rules the same way as zaid did on the video, im not being able to restart apache2 and im getting this error: “Job for apache2.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See “systemctl status apache2.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details”. when i run systemctl for details i get this:
    “Jun 15 07:04:19 kali systemd[1]: Starting The Apache HTTP Server…
    Jun 15 07:04:20 kali apachectl[4609]: AH00526: Syntax error on line 31 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf:
    Jun 15 07:04:20 kali apachectl[4609]: Invalid command ‘RewriteEngine’, perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the s>
    Jun 15 07:04:20 kali apachectl[4606]: Action ‘start’ failed.
    Jun 15 07:04:20 kali apachectl[4606]: The Apache error log may have more information.
    Jun 15 07:04:20 kali systemd[1]: apache2.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
    Jun 15 07:04:20 kali systemd[1]: apache2.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.”
    I already checked the apache2 settings and everything is equal to shown on the lectures.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    CAn you share a screenshot with the result of ifconfig BEFORE running the attack?

Also share a screenshot with the contents of apache’s 000-default.conf.

Thanks!
    Diego

mz001
    Participant

ifconfig before the attack
    000-default.conf(1)
    000-default.conf(2)

mz001
    Participant

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    I can’t see the screenshots, where are they?
    You can try to upload them to a free image hosting server and then share the links here.

Let me know.
    Diego

mz001
    Participant

hello Diego sorry i did that but idk what happend but there u go:

mz001
    Participant
    Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Did your fake captive portal was redirected properly before adding the rules? I mean when opening the browser and trying to navigate to any page?

Have you tedted it with another PC or only with the mobile phones?

Let me know.
    Diego

mz001
    Participant

hi! i tried running hostapd and dnsmasq without and with the rules and i get the same result(on smartphones and Pcs): i dont have internet connection but when i try to go to html pages the browser redirects to my index.html page and i can capture the username&password on wireshark.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    The attack on section 4 (Captive Portals) won’t provide internet connection, just a fake login to steal credentials, so you have achieve that. The only issue here would be the apache configuration.

The attack of a fake AP using fluxion will provide internet connection.

So for the appache configuration, your file looks fine, can you try to add just the first block of rules again?I mean don’t include the ones for the iphones. did you have a backup of the original file?

Let me know.
    Diego

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.