Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jtam
    Participant

hi guys

So I’m desperately trying to get mitmproxy working with Kali 2020.2. I’ve tried using apt-get install, and it downloads and installs it no problem.

the issue I have is that I literally cannot get it to show any activity whatsoever. ive changed my Firefox proxy settings in my network and still nothing.

I’ve tried Zaid’s method but he was using version 2 and it’s now on version 5 so the zipped file structure are different etc.

I am hitting my head against the desk here. Any help would be much appreciated so I can continue on with the course.

Thanks,

Jtam

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi Jtam!
    I would recommend to use the latest custom kali image provided by Zaid. It has many tools more installed and will fix many issues present in original release. The attack works properly using it.

Greetings!
    Diego

jtam
    Participant

Hi Diego

I appreciate that greatly – but I’m using a KL 2020 build on my RaspberryPi, so if you have literally any tips I’d be greatly appreciated.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi Jtam!
    I haven’t used it in Raspberry, but are you using root credential to log in to the machine? is it connected to the router? Can you see your victim’s device if you run netdiscover or bettercap? Can you share a screenshot of the command used and the result please?

Thanks!
    Diego

jtam
    Participant

Hi Diego

Thanks for getting back to me. I was using Root credentials, I had everything connected.

I installed mitmproxy using apt get install mitmproxy.

it installed the 3 parts to it (web, mitmproxy, dump) and when I ran web it created an address that took me to the webpage. But nothing came up.

I tried running MITMproxy first, still nothing showed up.

I feel like maybe I need to enable IPV4 Port forwarding?

Thanks

Al

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    You can try it, it may work.
    Run:
    echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

Let me know how it goes!
    Diego

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.