Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Saif91
    Participant

Hey guys,

I tried to installing (Veil) from the lecture 16.2 and in the end asks me to restart kali and I click yes, then when start kali up had a massage from kali development as shown in the figure.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Saif91
    Participant

So guys,

I tried this video on YouTube and has been working. but I didn’t understand what am I doing?
    can anyone explain this to me. what was happening and what I have been done.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!

Yeah, veil is breaking custom kali, so I’ll suggest to remove the current one and import a fresh one. We are trying to fix the veil issue but we would need to do some tests. By the moment you can use msfvenom to create a meterpreter backdoor:

https://medium.datadriveninvestor.com/creating-windows-os-backdoor-with-msfvenom-ba56567eb088

The steps in the video will update kali but undo all the custom changes made by Zaid, so as mentioned remove your current kali, import a fresh one and don’t install veil, use msfvenom instead.

Greetings!
    Diego

Saif91
    Participant

Hey,

I had read that article now, what I had to do? skip the lecture from 16.2 until where? how many lecture should I skip?
    and I didn’t really get what the article say!
    is msfvenom same as veil?

please help.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Veil will create meterpreter backdoors. Msfvenom will do exactly the same. So just create backdoors using msfvenom by the moment, you can watch all the lectures just use msfvenom to create the backdoors there’s no need to skip any.

Greetings!
    Diego

Saif91
    Participant

Hey Diego,

did you guys fix veil in the custom kali of Zaid or not?
    waiting for your reposed.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    When we have news we’ll let you know.

Greetings!
    Diego

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.