- May 27, 2020 at 6:53 pm #38278RAVI777Participant
1) Which privacy mode to be selected in Maltego? normal or stealth?
2) Also wanted to know if this is safe to use for personal use. what i mean with person use is that if i want to test all the functionalities of this tool with my gmail id or any other website then is it legal and safe?
Or if you can provide do’s and don’ts for this tool. thanksMay 28, 2020 at 6:05 am #38312diegoModerator
1. Normal privacy it’s ok to use.
2. No, there’s no problem usign this tool aor any of it’s functionalities, this is an OSINT tool so it’s not illegal. And you can proceed with your gamil account.
Hope it helps!
DiegoJuly 2, 2020 at 11:07 am #41202hafizParticipant
Regarding Maltego, I’m using Maltego Community Edition 4.2.3 which most of the running transform searched using Bing. When I try to look up for Zaid Sabih website, the output transform said ‘Bing transform can only be used with paid version of Maltego’. How can I solve this issue other than pay the paid version? ThanksJuly 3, 2020 at 4:40 am #41279diegoModerator
You’ll get this problem only when you want to use a transformer that relies on search engine, the reason for this is Bing started charging people for using their search API, so the only solution is to purchase a license, but you can still use all other transformers that do not rely on search engine.
The search engine transformers just use Bing anyway to search for result, so you can just do that manually yourself, the only disadvantage is that you’ll get the result in the web browser instead of having them in a nice graph.
At the moment there’s no work around with this issue.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.