Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rdangel
    Participant

Hello, I am now working in section 12 (MAC OSX Malware) and I have run into 2 issues… I am once again asking for guidance:
    I am using an older MacBook as a target computer because I don’t have a virtual Mac OS installed in VMWare and Zaid said you can just use a wifi adapter on your network, so I am using a Realtek RTL8812AU purchased from your store. The problem I’m running into is that every so often the IP address for my adapter wlan0 changes… now every backdoor, every executable I have generated and is stored in my evil-files folder does not work anymore and I have to go back and regenerate new executables for everything. But then after a day or so the IP drifts to another value again making THOSE new executables inoperative, and I have to repeat the entire process all over again. I don’t know why this is happening but can you tell me of a way I can prevent this IP drift on my adapter and LOCK it in to a single value?
    My second issue is when I have used the Script Editor on my target MAC to convert the script and save it as an Application… when I run it to test it everything works the way it should, but I am unable to stop it. I can’t close it, I can’t quit it, I can’t delete it… I keep getting a message saying that those operations can’t be done “because the file application is running”. There doesn’t seem to be any way of turning it off or stopping it from running once I start it – even after clicking any of the Play, Pause or Stop icons at the top of the editor’s box, or using any commands in the File or Edit dropdown menus. Basically the only thing I am forced to do to get out of it is to Force Quit the Editor entirely. Is there a simpler way to turn it off?

rdangel
    Participant

Hey guys, I have not heard back from you for my request for assistance with these Section 12 issues. I know you’re probably really busy but it’s been quite a while so I am not sure at this point whether you just have not had the time to answer… or whether you somehow missed this post altogether. Can you please let me know the status of this query? If you don’t have time to deal with it right now, it’s ok… just let me know that an answer is pending. Thanks for your continued help. Cheers,

Ross

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Sorry for the late response.
    About the ip constant change that might be something relate to your router, so check it out.
    You have to kill the backdoor and then you should be able to stop Script Editor.

Greetings!
    Diego

rdangel
    Participant

Hi Diego, thanks for that advice. I get the Script Editor issue…. I need to kill the process from Kali first. As for the IP drifting issue, I am not sure what you mean by “check it out”. I have looked at the settings for my router – it has a 2.4GHz, 5GHz-Low and 5GHz-High settings… and pages and pages of Network LAN, LAN DHCP, WAN, Bridge, DMZ, Dynamic DNS etc etc etc settings that I don’t quite understand. Is this an issue about setting up Static vs Dynamic IPs? Could you give me a bit more specific guidance with this… I feel a bit lost with the tech aspect of this device operation, and I am not very savvy with all the configuration options. Is this not a wifi adapter issue? Would using a different model adapter fix this problem?

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    No, it’s not the adapter, the one that assigns the ips is the router. Yes, this is related to static ips. But each router is very different from each other so you’ll need to find that out yourself, use google to look for possible solutions with the exact router brand and model you have. Also, you call the ISP and ask them about it.

Greetings!
    Diego

rdangel
    Participant

Thank you Diego, I appreciate your suggestions. I will work on it from this end. Cheers,

Ross

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Glad to help!

Greetings!
    Diego

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.