- July 25, 2020 at 10:41 pm #43032
While doing section 4.4 when changing my MAC address I get this message: SIOCSIFHWADDR: Operation not permittedJuly 25, 2020 at 10:46 pm #43033
Also I am using the recommended Alfa adapter for the 2.4 and 5gJuly 26, 2020 at 3:55 am #43044diegoModerator
Are you sure you are using the latest custom kali image provided by Zaid?
Did you add the card to the USB list as shown in lecture 11? If you did, then make sure that you don’t physically connect the card to the computer until Kali is fully booted, connect the card, then go to the devices menu (beside the file menu) >> USB >> Click your device.
If you’ve already done the above, then please try the following suggestions:
– Experiment with connecting the adapter before and after Kali fully loads, and after you log in as root.
– Experiment with setting the adapter to use USB 2 and USB 3.
– Make sure you connect the adapter directly to the computer, don’t use a hub or an extension.
– And experiment with connecting the adapter to different USB ports.
Hope it helps!
DiegoJuly 26, 2020 at 4:21 am #43046
Yes on newest version. I’m not to 11 yet. In section 4.4 is where he shows how to change the MAC. I have tried different usb but no luck just that error.July 26, 2020 at 6:31 pm #43088
I got it to work by changing the settings usb to usb 2. Fixed it for now at least. With this adapter I am finding it does weird things and works correcting part of the time. Sometimes it works good other times it does weird shit.July 27, 2020 at 3:54 am #43110diegoModerator
Cool you got it!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.