Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eli
    Participant

Hello.
    After running python mac_changer.py I get this message: wlan0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device. Need help to get through.

Eli
    Participant

Hello.

After running the code poython mac_changer.py I get this message either in the Terminal and Pycharm:

wlan0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device.

Also, when I close and exit the Pycharm program, it (Pycharm) cannot be found in “applications”.

Thanks for your response.

Eli

Zaid Sabih

Hello Eli,
    Do you have an external wireless adapter connected to your computer?
    Did you add the card to usb list like shown in lecture 11?
    If you did, then make sure that you don’t physically connect the card to the computer until Kali is fully booted, connect the card, then go to the devices menu (beside the file menu) >> USB >> Click your device.
    If you’ve done all of the above then can you tell me the model of your wireless adapter please?

Eli
    Participant

Hello, Mr. Sabih.
    Thanks for your reply.
    I tried what you have said several times in different ways, but nothing happened. Formerly (several days ago) it was possible to get some information when I wrote ifconfig wlan0 on the terminal. But now it says: wlan0: error fetching interface information: Device not found. Thus, even this basic information now is not possible. As to the adapter, when trying to connect it from the Devices menu, it says: failed to attach the USB device.

Last week I bought the LAN adapter you had advised: AWUS036ACH.

Vashisht Boodhun
    Participant

​Try this:

ifconfig wlan0 down
    airmon-ng check kill
    macchanger -r wlan0
    ifconfig wlan0 up​

​If that didn’t work then try this:

​ifconfig wlan0 down
    ​ifconfig wlan0 hw ether [NewMac]
    ifconfig wlan0 up

​Then run ​ifconfig ​to check if the mac address actually changed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.