Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mbg891
    Participant

Good day,

I have some troubles with the iptables command in Kali terminal. I am writing the following code like Zaid has shown in order to reroute packets to the NFQueue:

iptables -I OUTPUT -j NFQUEUE –queue-num 0
    iptables -I INPUT -j NFQUEUE –queue-num 0

Problem is – sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn’t… and when it does, it doesn’t last long before the connection is dropped on my browser, thus disabling any further processes attempted in the lectures. The issue is immediately resolved as soon as I flush these tables using iptables –flush, but then clearly I am not achieving the goal.

What may be causing the loss of connection?

Only using these commands to practice attacks inside the Kali VM, as the -I FORWARD works with my Win10 VM flawlessly.

Thank you!

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Which script are you using?

Yeah, thos iptables will cut connection if you are not running any script that uses netfilterqueue.

Let me know.
    Diego

Mbg891
    Participant

Good day Diego,

Thanks for your response. I must have been running the iptables command, trying to browse to a website to set-up for my code_injector.py script but failing to run it prior to said browsing… thus causing a hang.

Makes sense that netfilterqueue needs to be running prior to browsing. Great catch!

Cheers!

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Cool you got it!
    Diego

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.