Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Warren
    Participant

Hi Guys I Downloaded the Zsecurity Modified Kali Linux installation ISO. However I’m having some issues. I got it installed but whil I’m installing it the option to install GRUB 2 is greyed out and says DISABLED. I also see a Blue message stating that “Need to set the mount point as /boot/efi” . Not Sure what this means so i just set the 600MB boot boot partition to /boot/efi. This didn’t help.
    When its finished installed it doesn’t boot from the harddrive and I have to use the USB in live mode to see a kali desktop so i assume im working off the USB.

Any help will be appreciated

I have tried the method on the youtube video using etcher to create the USB image but the USB dosent boot when i do it that way. So i used RUFUS.
    I tried MBR and GPT but it amounts to the same. No boot from Harddrive.

Any Help will be appreciated.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!

Try using a different USB or different USB prot yn your system. Can you tell me more details about your OS?(RAM, free disk space, processor, etc)
    Thanks!
    Diego

Warren
    Participant

Hi Diego.
    I got it solved after a few more hours. My Bios had to have CSM enabled for it to be able to boot from the ETCHER ISO to USB install.
    Once that was Enabled The usb booted and i was able to get the GRUB 2 to be installed. Just followed the video after that and all was well.
    Thx again for the support
    its why i ate this site as #1 in learning Penetration testing.

Can you recommend the next course I should get. Almost done with this one.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Cool you got it!

I will recommend to go for Ethical Hacking or Social Engineering courses, then the Python and Ethical Hacking would be a great choice.

Hope it helps!
    Diego

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.