Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    glosnick
    Participant

I was wondering if you knew how I could change the keyboard layout from US to UK on the Metaspoitable VM as I can’t seem to find the pipe key on my laptop when I’m on using the Metaspoitable VM.

Regards

Nick

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    No, unfortunately it can’t be changed. Metasploitable is just a vulnerable machine, it is not intended for general or day to day use. The pipe character should be in the same key as backslash, just press shift.

Greetings!
    Diego

glosnick
    Participant

Well that’s a dilema as when I press the backslash key on my keyboard in metasploitable I get a greater than symbol. I still get a greater than symbol when I press the shift key as well. Not sure how to get a bar as I tried a whole range of other things including cut and pasting and so on. Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks and regards

Nick

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!

By default it has an english layout configuration, so I’ll suggest to serach for the desired character by pressing all the keys, and take notes of what is where.

Greetings!
    Diego

glosnick
    Participant

Lol, funnily enough tried that but still couldn’t track it down, sigh. It’s a mystery!!!

Regards

Nick

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!

Also try key combinations with shift, ctrl and alt. The character should be there.

Greetings!
    Diego

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.