Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mikespo23
    Participant

Thanks for your time-

I am unable to find a downloadable program called ferret-sidejack has this changed since the most recent video you made? Or is there another program I can use that is similar?

Also:
    HSTS is pretty secure I am unable to see any traffic going through the MITMF, is there a way to disable this for now so that I can follow along with the training modules? I am unable to reproduce the Java script injection as well as other because of HSTS.

Zaid Sabih

Try adding the 32 bit arch packages first:
    dpkg –add-architecture i386
    Then update the sources
    apt-get update
    And install ferret
    apt-get install ferret-sidejack:i386

—————–
    Yeah as mentioned in lecture 44 mitmf will work against websites that use normal https such as hotmail.com, the reason why it doesn’t work against HSTS websites is because modern browsers come with a list of websites that they can only browse as HTTPS, so even when we downgrade the connection to http the browser will just refuse to open that website.

Baccardi
    Participant

I have Kali installed on my main machine ( a raspberry pi) which I use for my main tasks. I want to add VirtualBox so that I can run Kali in a sandbox so that I do not crash my main machine. I have gone to the virtualbox site but am not sure exactly what version to install. Is it the Debian 10 version?

Thanks

AJ
    Participant

Hi Baccardi,

I don’t advise you to install Vbox inside Kali on the Pi since you already have it and comes already pre-installed with the required tools, so it’s best to use another OS such as Windows or MAC OS X for setting up the virtual lab to follow along with the methods covered in the course for you might face A LOT of issues while trying to set up the Pi.
    In addition, the Pi doesn’t support Virtualization, so you won’t be able to run Virtualization software such as Virtual Box or VMware…etc on the Pi.

zooby123
    Participant

Hi,

Whenever I’m running my kali linux machine, it uses up all my hard drive space. I go from having a 10gb hard drive space down to 55mb.

I restart my computer and then it jumps back up to 8gb hard drive space.

What do I need to do in order for it to prevent taking the hard drive memory away? Because this stops me using my machine.

Thanks,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.