Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Riccardo
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m at lecture 8.3
    When i try to enter to http://IP_ADDRESS/dvwa/vulnerabilities/fi/?page=../../../../var/log/auth.log return to me:

Warning: include(../../../../var/log/auth.log) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/dvwa/vulnerabilities/fi/index.php on line 35

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../../../../var/log/auth.log' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:../../external/phpids/0.6/lib/') in /var/www/dvwa/vulnerabilities/fi/index.php on line 35

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/dvwa/vulnerabilities/fi/index.php:35) in /var/www/dvwa/dvwa/includes/dvwaPage.inc.php on line 324

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/dvwa/vulnerabilities/fi/index.php:35) in /var/www/dvwa/dvwa/includes/dvwaPage.inc.php on line 325

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/dvwa/vulnerabilities/fi/index.php:35) in /var/www/dvwa/dvwa/includes/dvwaPage.inc.php on line 326

The security level is set to low. Same problem with medium security level. Is there anything else I can try?

Best, R.F.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi Riccardo!
    Can you try to add a couple more ../../ to your injection?

Let me know how it goes!
    Diego

Riccardo
    Participant

Hi Diego,
    it return the same error, maybe I’m using a wrong metasploitable version?

Best, R.F.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi Riccardo!

You can try to import a new metasploitable, did you download it from official Rapid7 site?

Let me know.
    Diego

Riccardo
    Participant

Hi Diego,
    I downloaded it from the official Rapid7 website. Now I try to re-download and import the virtual machine again. I’ll keep you updated 🙂

Best, R.F.

Riccardo
    Participant

Hi again,
    now all it is working 🙂
    Best,
    R.F.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi Riccardo!
    Cool you got it!

I’ll suggest to keep a copy of the downloaded file, I have break metasploitable many times and keeping a copy is time saving 🙂

Greetings!
    Diego

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.