Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    Can we hack android by using an image(in image we embedded our backdoor)

Regards,
    Sithum Nimlaka.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi Sithum!

No, in this case it won’t work, the only way to run a backdoor in android is by backdooring an APK file.

Greetings!
    Diego

s4mu_
    Participant

Hi Diego,
    I´ve tried to embedd payload in several apk files with fatrat and keep getting this error: “Failed to locate smali file to hook”.
    Ive read on github fatrat apk embedder is broken and outdated. Is that true? and if so is fatRat outdated also in all of its features?
    greetings,
    Samuel

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    No, fatrat is not outdated, it works fine. The tool that has some issues is ApkBackdoor which is used to backdoor APK files. I have tested it with Will Hero and it worked fine, try it. There’s also another tool called Evil-Droid but it use ApkBackdoor as well, for some students it has worked fine.

Hope it helps!
    Diego

s4mu_
    Participant

It worked!
    Thanks

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Cool you got it!
    Diego

Luca Miccoli
    Participant

where can I follow a tutorial of how evil-droid works? I just can’t generate a backdoor for android. Do you have any links so I can elucidate me? Thanks.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    No, I don’t know of any video about it, you can do a google research to try to find one. Here is a link to an article that might help:
    https://medium.datadriveninvestor.com/creating-backdoor-for-applications-with-evil-droid-a14bc6ea2a85

Greetings!
    Diego

Luca Miccoli
    Participant

Diego you are really fantastic. Thanks for everything. I solved the problem. I have already created the backdoor and it is working. Now for everything else I am following the social engineering course. Just a curiosity. Can the backdoor work outside the network? Also, when the target turns off the phone, it disconnects? Thank you as always.

Greetings!!

Luca

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Luca Miccoli.
    Luca Miccoli
    Participant

Diego, I can’t understand why this happens … it makes me connect but shortly afterwards the connection drops …. What can it depend on?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Yeah, you can make the backdoor to work outside of the local network. Just follow the steps as showed in the course.

And the error seems to be related to something killing the backdoor, maybe any protection in the device, so check that out.

Greetings!
    Diego

Luca Miccoli
    Participant

thank you very much Diego, I will have to modify the backdoor as much as possible.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Yeah, try that.

Greetings!
    Diego

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.