Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    basmeijer
    Participant

Hi Zaid,

I have been looking around on multiple websites, even my own.
    I find it hard to find vulns on https websides. Do you have any suggestion on how to find these vulns for these websites?

Wordpress is a very famous website builder application. What are XSS vulns for wordpress build websites?

Finally: how can we input javascript into websites, so that that we hook these websites using beef of veil?

Thanks.
    Bas

Zaid Sabih

Hello Basmejer,

HTTPS does not protect websites from vulnerabilities, it just encrypts the communication.
    Wordpres have been vulnerable to XSS a number of times before but the latest release does not have any public ones, also the plugins used on wordpress websites can introduce vulnerabilities.
    As for hooking users to beef through XSS, that is covered in the course, did you get there yet?

basmeijer
    Participant

Hello Zaid,

Yes, I am at the hooking users with Beef.
    My challenge is finding the vulnerabilities in the url’s. It looks like a lot of websites do not have ‘xxx.php?=something” in the url.
    Is this hidden?

Zaid Sabih

So to discover vulnerabilities for all of the ones covered in this course you should test every possible method to pass data to the web server, so:
    1. send data through input boxes.
    2. Send data through file?var=DATA.
    3. Interceptor requests using bird as shown earlier and passed data this way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.