Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Warren
    Participant

Hi good morning
    my name is warren i have been going through your course network hacking from scratch and all was well until i reached lesson 5.4 and 5.5
    When i do a fakeauth it keeps returning “No such BSSID” available and i have to keep running the command over and over then eventually i will succeed. Is this normal??

Secondly when i do run a arpreplay after a while it stops sending the ARP packets and if i get a deauth packet received if i try to re-associate with the ap
    I use both versions of kali linux 2019.4 and 2020.1. I get the above issues on both builds

My network adapter is Alpha AWUS036ACH

Any help will be greatly appreciated

A J

Hi Warren,

To fix this just run the fake authentication WHILE airodump-ng is running against the target network as shown in the course, so run airodump-ng using the –channel and –bssid arguments against the target network, keep it running, and run the fake authentication from another terminal window.

For the ARP replay injection, try to re-enable monitor mode again:

ifconfig wlan0 down
    airmon-ng check kill
    iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor
    ifconfig wlan0 up

Make sure that you’re on the right frequency band since the AWUS036ACH supports two bands:

airodump-ng wlan0
    airodump-ng –band abg wlan0 (For 2.4 & 5Ghz networks)
    airodump-ng –band a wlan0 (Only for 5Ghz networks)

In addition, try the following when you connect the adapter before you enable monitor mode:
    – Experiment with connecting the adapter before and after Kali fully loads, and after you log in as root.
    – Experiment with setting the adapter to use USB 2.0 and 3.0 in Kali system settings in Vbox.
    – Make sure you connect the adapter directly to the computer, don’t use a hub or an extension.
    – And experiment with connecting the adapter to different USB ports.

Last but not least, try to enable monitor using another method:

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.