- March 13, 2020 at 4:56 am #31556WarrenParticipant
Hi good morning
my name is warren i have been going through your course network hacking from scratch and all was well until i reached lesson 5.4 and 5.5
When i do a fakeauth it keeps returning “No such BSSID” available and i have to keep running the command over and over then eventually i will succeed. Is this normal??
Secondly when i do run a arpreplay after a while it stops sending the ARP packets and if i get a deauth packet received if i try to re-associate with the ap
I use both versions of kali linux 2019.4 and 2020.1. I get the above issues on both builds
My network adapter is Alpha AWUS036ACH
Any help will be greatly appreciatedMarch 16, 2020 at 3:52 pm #31657A JModerator
To fix this just run the fake authentication WHILE airodump-ng is running against the target network as shown in the course, so run airodump-ng using the –channel and –bssid arguments against the target network, keep it running, and run the fake authentication from another terminal window.
For the ARP replay injection, try to re-enable monitor mode again:
ifconfig wlan0 down
airmon-ng check kill
iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor
ifconfig wlan0 up
Make sure that you’re on the right frequency band since the AWUS036ACH supports two bands:
airodump-ng –band abg wlan0 (For 2.4 & 5Ghz networks)
airodump-ng –band a wlan0 (Only for 5Ghz networks)
In addition, try the following when you connect the adapter before you enable monitor mode:
– Experiment with connecting the adapter before and after Kali fully loads, and after you log in as root.
– Experiment with setting the adapter to use USB 2.0 and 3.0 in Kali system settings in Vbox.
– Make sure you connect the adapter directly to the computer, don’t use a hub or an extension.
– And experiment with connecting the adapter to different USB ports.
Last but not least, try to enable monitor using another method:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.