Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Rocky
    Participant

Hi Akabueze and RJyoung2000,

I don’t know if you guys were able to get empire running. Cos I have tried everything I can. Let me know how you guys fixed this issue.

Dear Moderators,
    I have used every option you guys gave but still nothing ..
    Empire seems like a major tool here and I don’t know how I can continue without it 🙁 🙁 😭

Akabueze
    Participant

Installing from this link worked for me but I’ve not be able to test if every function is working well as Diego advised but I will test it soon. I also believe it will work.

Link below.

https://gitlab.com/kalilinux/packages/powershell-empire

Thanks

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi Rocky!
    You can run this commands:
    apt update
    apt install powershell-empire

Then run this command in terminal:
    powershell-empire

It will prompt for a password for database, just hit enter.

Let me know if you get it.
    Diego

rjyoung2000
    Participant

I gave up trying to get Empire working. I spent several hours/days searching online, installing new kali machines, trying all the mentioned methods. if I ever get it working i will have to re-visit these lectures! I do appreciate the efforts by all. BTW – trying the git clone PowerShell-empire method from GitLab said I didn’t have permissions to download!

Rocky
    Participant

Hi rjyoung,
    Mine is working now .. I think you should delete the previous one you downwloaded and redownload it again with the instructions given by Diego.. it should work for you too,

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi Rj!
    Please remember to use custom kali image provided by Zaid. It’s important! It has many tools more installed and will fix many issues present in original release. In the official release those commands, apt install powershell-empire won’t work as expected.

So try to download the latest custom kali and install empire with the mentioned commands above.

Thanks!
    Diego

rjyoung2000
    Participant

INTERESTING UPDATE 06/14/2020 – I have been using an iMac as my host system using VirtualBox for Kali. I also have a windows 10 desktop that has VirtualBox with a Kali image. out of the blue while restoring an iPhone backup on the iMac I loaded the windows 10 machine, started VirtualBox (had to update Vbox), started Kali, went to GitHub to get the link for Empire, did cd/opt then git clone, etc. loaded fine and ran the setup file once the clone was complete. Started Empire and it worked right away! so I am baffled but I got it working using the windows host machine!!!! go figure!!!

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Cool you got it!
    Diego

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.