Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jtam
    Participant

hi all,

I have asked around and googled elsewhere but have had no luck.

I am trying to de-auth devices off my hidden home WiFi network. It is a dual-band AP. When I run the deauth command, it deauths devices using the 2.4ghz band but devices using the 5ghz band remain.

I understand that the Aireplay command was specified to ch6 which is for the 2.4 GHz band but I am unsure if this would still stop the deauth-ing of the 5ghz band.

I was wondering what other options or commands I can run to de-auth all devices off the dual band WiFi on all channels.

I am using an Alfa AWUS036ACH adapter which supports both bands and updated drivers etc.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

J

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi Jtam!
    I’m not sure if it’r possible to do it for both frequencies at the same time, will look for it but almost sure it’s not possible.

I’ll let you know if I find info about it.

Greetings!
    Diego

jtam
    Participant

Hi Diego

Thanks for getting back to me.

I don’t suppose you know of any alternatives– I know that when we use aireplay-ng it specifies the channel – would MDK4 / MDK3 have a similar issue?

Alex

Zaid Sabih

For best results you’d want to use 2 different wireless adapters, one for each band BUT it is actually possible to create 2 virtual interfaces from the same adapter and use one on each band, not very reliable and might not work at all but here’s how to do it :

ifconfig wlan0 down
    iw wlan0 interface add mon0 type monitor
    iw wlan0 interface add mon1 type monitor

Now you have 2 interfaces i monitor mode, mon0 and mon1, so you can use each one of them in a different aireplay-ng terminal window deauthing the target from 2 different networks.

jtam
    Participant

Hi Zaid

Thanks for getting back to me, and thanks for doing such great courses. They’re really helpful.

I will try the above for sure. The only issue is sometimes my adapter doesn’t pick up the 5ghz band even when I specify band A so I can’t determine what channel it’s on (even though I know it’s 44).

I was thinking about running an MDK4 deauth with channel hopping enabled. Would this be a viable alternative?

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Jtam

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi Jtam!
    MDK4 can also work, try ot out as well.

Hope it helps!
    Diego

jtam
    Participant

Thanks Diego,I’ll give it a go.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi Jtam!

Let me know how it goes!
    Diego

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.