Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

Hello,

I am currently doing a lesson: “Configuring TOR Browser For Maximum Security & Anonymity” – “The Ultimate Dark Web, Anonymity, Privacy & Security Course”. I have two questions:

1. I installed the latest TOR version and in the settings I can’t find an option “Tracking Protection”. Does that option even exist in the latest version of TOR?

2. When in the options / privacy & security / section “History” I choose: “Never remember history” and after that I turn off the TOR and restart or even just close the tab where I set options, option in history will be again set on default position: “Use custom settings for history”. does this mean that I have to adjust these settings every time I run TOR or?

Thanks.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!

1. Now the tracking protection is set by default, so it’s enabled.
    2. No, it shouldn’t go back to it’s original settings, which is your host OS? Or where are you running TOR browser?

Let me know.
    Diego

Robert
    Participant

1. Solved! Thanks!

2. On Windows and Tails. Host Windows.
    I open TOR. Click on options (options open in a new tab) -> privacy & security -> History -> Original settings are: Tor Browser will use custom settings for history. I change to: Never remember history and close that tab.

Right away I open new tab with options go to Privacy & security -> History, and there are again original settings: Tor Browser will use custom settings for history.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Yeah, you are right, I just tested it in a macOS computer and it happens the same, maybe a bug in TOR browser (10.0.5). Let’s see if in the next update this is solved.
    Greetings!
    Diego

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.