Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    KisukeOboro
    Participant

Hello, I’m trying to follow the instructions that Zaid is telling me to do in lecture 2.3, but I’m running into multiple problems. Firstly the after installing gpg the command prompt gpg –keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net –recv-keys 0x4E2C6E8793298290 doesn’t seem to work I keep getting a response of “gpg: keyserver receive failed: Server indicated a failure”. So I can’t do that step. So I went onto the TOR website on the same page that Zaid is getting instructions from at https://support.torproject.org/tbb/how-to-verify-signature/ but that is changed from what it shows in the video. I tried following that, but I don’t know what I am doing and that doesn’t seem to work either. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong but nothing is working right.

Zaid Sabih

Yep they did change the instructions but the ones I have followed in the videos should still work, you might just have to run this command and number of times. If it didn’t work for you try the instructions in the link you posted they should work to and if they gave you a positive result then you can go ahead and install it.

KisukeOboro
    Participant

I can’t get either your instructions nor TOR’s support instructions to work. On the website where it instructs to type in
    gpgv –keyring .\tor.keyring Downloads\torbrowser-install-win64-9.0_en-US.exe.asc Downloads\torbrowser-install-win64-9.0_en-US.exe
    it says that
    gpgv: can’t open ‘Downloads\torbrowser-install-win64-9.0_en-US.exe.asc’ : No such file or directory
    gpgv: verify signatures failed: No such file or directory.

Your instructions also don’t work when I put in
    gpg.exe –keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net –recv -keys 0x4E2C6E8793298290
    it returns with
    gpg: keyserver receive failed: Server indicated a failure
    and it keeps doing that. I’ve been trying and retrying for a while now but I keep getting both of those errors for your instructions and TOR’s instructions

Zaid Sabih

Based on what you included above –> No such file or directory –> means the file does not exist or you did not use the right path of the file.

KisukeOboro
    Participant

Not sure why it didn’t work initially. I did include the directory in the command line that TOR’s guides state, but it still wasn’t working. I came back now and redownloaded everything, deleted everything from my downloads folder, and tried it again and now it works. So that’s good.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Cool you got it!
    Diego

Nellk Valerio
    Participant

hello Z same here i tried a lot and comes a lot of mistakes.

help!

Nellk Valerio
    Participant

that the error i got

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!

Check this webpage, it has some other commands that can be used:
    https://support.torproject.org/tbb/how-to-verify-signature/

Greetings!
    Diego

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.