Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    noura
    Participant

hey so im on (gaining access server side attacks) lecture 15.3 I tried installing rsh-client but it won’t allow me and I tried searching but couldn’t find a solution, I did this command apt-get install rsh-client

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    What’s the exact error? Can you elaborate? Also some screenshots will help.

Thanks!
    Diego

noura
    Participant

hey sorry for the late reply but here is a screenshot

noura
    Participant
    Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    You can run:
    apt update
    apt install rsh-client

Then it should be installed.

Greetings!
    Diego

noura
    Participant

wow thanks it worked and I’m glad that this was less tricker than that problem with bettercap if you remember. it kinda ruined my progress

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Glad you got it!
    Diego

noura
    Participant

hello I have another problem regarding the same subject after trying to do the command ( rlogin -l root ) the same as what Zaid did it appears to me that permission denied you can find a screenshot here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-_XQpmx4CRNhPnuA1y-MHGeFYv_sXTqB

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    DId you run any upgrade command in custom kali?
    Can you show the results of:
    ifconfig and route -n in kali and metasploitable
    Can you share a screenshot of the Network settings used in VMware for both machines?

Thanks!
    Diego

noura
    Participant

hello you can have all the screenshots here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-_XQpmx4CRNhPnuA1y-MHGeFYv_sXTqB I have to note that metasploitable vm is not installed in vm ware but in utm because I couldn’t install it on a apple m1

noura
    Participant

and yeah I think I ran a few upgrades because I tried solving this on my own but I didn’t know how eventually

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    If both virtual machines are running in different apps then the attack won’t work. In such case you would need to change the adapter to bridged in UTM and preferably use a wireless adapter for kali. If you use bridged adapter for both machines it might not work as expected at all, I meant you might experiment glitches or running the attacks many times for them to work.

Greetings!
    Diego

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.