Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    buystuff1234
    Participant

Hello, i just installed popos as my main machine and installed vmware. But i cant seem to connect the wireless adapter realtek to the vm machine. It doesnt give me an option where i want to to use the usbadapter it just automaticly connects to the main machine. I tried to find the usb drive to eject it but it doesnt show in the gui home directory. And it doesnt appear in the /dev directory either. When i input iwconfig inside popos it reads it perfectly. Im sure im making some silly rookie error. Could you guide me to the right direction please. Thanks

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Can you tell me the exact model of your adapter?(brand and model)

Thanks!
    Diego

buystuff1234
    Participant

Hello Diego, It´s the MK7AC from hak 5.
    I have used it before on ParrotOS and Virtualbox.
    But now i have the lab set up according to the description in the course. Modified kali with windows 10 as target.

When i go inside Kali, to removable devices, then it reads the MediaTek 802.11ac Wlan, i click on connect(disconnect from host)
    It comes back with message ¨the connection for the usb device MediaTek was unsuccesful¨.
    driver error.
    How do i disconnect from the host….

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Well, that’s not a wireless adapter but a wifi Pineapple, in any case I suggest to ask to hak5 staff, they will know more about how to proceed. I haven’t used such device so can’t really tell.

Greetings!
    Diego

buystuff1234
    Participant

Hello Diego, you are right the wifi pineapple mark 7 is not a wireless adapter. But this device comes with the mark7 and is called the mk7ac. And this is a wireless adapter. When in host machine i input iwconfig it reads the adapter and i can put it on monitor mode and run aircrack without any issues. The problem im facing is when i want to connect the adapter to the virtual machine, it wont disconnect from the host. Even when ifconfig down it wont connect to vmware. Could this be a popos issue….or is there some other command to disconnect from host? Thank you for your time

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    I don’t think the problem is related Pop-OS, I suggest to ask to hak5 staff instead, but for some reason the Mediatek chipsets commonly have issue with kali. In any case hak5 should have more info about all of this.

Greetings!
    Diego

buystuff1234
    Participant

Alright ill do that. Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.