Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    FlashSn0w
    Participant

Dear Sir or Madam,
    I am doing the Python & Ethical Hacking course and I am on the ARP spoof section. Yesterday, when I was studying, I needed to use both Windows 10 and Kali Linux customized by zSecurity virtual machines at the same time but my laptop overheated and I decided to restart it and I turned off my VMs from the Task Manager. Today I ran the Kali Linux VM again but I got an error “SMBus host controller is not enabled”. May I ask you what I have to do in order to fix this issue. It is really important for me to be able to turn the VM properly because all my projects are stored there and I would like to save them. Thank you for your help in advance!

a photo of the error: https://www.mediafire.com/view/ipaqbfctpq29kha/error_while_booting_kali_linux_vm.png/file

Diego PérezDiego Pérez
    FlashSn0w
    Participant

Hi Diego,
    Thank you a lot for helping me again! May I also ask you if I need to boot my VM from Kali Linux installer or Ubuntu installer and then click the “Try Ubuntu” button? Thank you again in advance!

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!

You’re welcome!

Which Try Ubuntu button are you talking about? Can you elaborate more? I don’t get it.
    And for the course it will be better to use the latest custom kali which is a .vmvmware file, ready for VMware.

Greetings!
    Diego

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.