Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rob 28
    Participant

Hello!
    I kindly ask if You can suggest me about a possible solution through a firewall or similar program: I would like to block only some type of incoming files that could arrive without me noticing (in case the pc had been hacked or had become a pivot for other attacks) ; for example I would like to prevent .rar or .pdf files or images or any other file that does not have my consent from being downloaded in the background by applying filters on some program. For example if a hacker try to download some .rar file in the target pc then this .rar file is immediately blocked or deleted.
    As long as I’ve understood software firewalls only block programs and not files.
    Is there a suitable program for this purpose?

Regards

Rob

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Maybe you can use tool like Folder Guard https://www.winability.com/how-to-stop-downloading-from-internet/
    Also you can try to look for some antivirus that provides such functionality, just take in mind that this could affect your own work or the apps you are using. In any case a good antivirus will prevent attackers from downloading or executing malicious executables.

Greetings!
    Diego

Rob 28
    Participant

Thank You Diego! this is perfect!

Rob

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

You’re welcome.

Greetings!
    Diego

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.