Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    OTROAH
    Participant

Hi, Im just in the process of installing Qubes for the first time and it all seems very well explained in the course.

However one important thing that comes to mind that I would need some help with is back up options. When I speak about back up options I am referring to both backing up the Qubes OS and backing up all my files. I may have missed this in the course but I can not find any section on this topic. Please correct me if Im wrong.

With an excellent setup such as Qubes OS I think the last piece to complete the setup would be to back up all the personal files and also the OS itself.

Is it possible? What method is recommended to use for this purpose without comprimizing the privacy?

Please advice as without having a backup all files would be lost if the computer crash or get stolen etc.

Thanks
    Rik

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    To backup files you can do it as you normally do, for more privacy use a physical device like a USB or external hard drive, also you can use any cloud service you want.

To backup Qubes you can read this article:
    https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/how-to-back-up-restore-and-migrate/

I’ll suggest to read the Qubes documentation, it’s very extensive and well explained, they have answers for lot of questions as well in their website.

Greetings!
    Diego

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.