Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ssamv
    Participant

I bought this wireless adapter AWUS036NHA and i am using custom kali image provided by zSecurity.
    Exactly followed Lecture 4.3 on this course but iwconfig or ifconfig is not showing wireless adapter though lsusb output is showing wireless adapter.

root@kali:~# lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0cf3:9271 Qualcomm Atheros Communications AR9271 802.11n
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    root@kali:~# iwconfig
    lo no wireless extensions.

eth0 no wireless extensions.

root@kali:~#

Thanks in advance

ssamv
    Participant

My OS is MacOS 10.15 and running virtual box 6.1

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi Ssamv!
    Are you sure you are using the latest custom kali image provided by Zaid? Cause it has the drivers needed already installed. Also you have to install VBox’s Extension Pack.

Then you can try:
    Did you add the card to the USB list as shown in lecture 11? If you did, then make sure that you don’t physically connect the card to the computer until Kali is fully booted, connect the card, then go to the devices menu (beside the file menu) >> USB >> Click your device.
    If you’ve already done the above, then please try the following suggestions:

– Experiment with connecting the adapter before and after Kali fully loads, and after you log in as root.
    – Experiment with setting the adapter to use USB 2 and USB 3.
    – Make sure you connect the adapter directly to the computer, don’t use a hub or an extension.
    – And experiment with connecting the adapter to different USB ports.

Let me know how it goes!
    Diego

ssamv
    Participant

Hi Diego,

Yes i am using custom image by Zaid.
    After trying your different suggestions it worked, though after next reboot i have try different suggestions again to get it working.
    Thanks for your help.

ssamv
    Participant

With the custom image, is it ok to do apt upgrade ?

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    No, if you do any upgrade then all the changes made by Zaid will be undone. So please don’t do it.

Your adapter has a weired behaviour, have you installed VBox’s Extension Pack?

Let me know.
    Diego

ssamv
    Participant

Hi Diego,

Yes installed Extension pack.
    I installed vmware fusion trial version and adapter is working perfectly on that.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi Ssamv!

Ok, have you tried to use the windows virtual machine as well? Are they able to communicate?
    Let me know.
    Diego

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.