Tagged: Atheros 9271
- June 20, 2020 at 4:45 pm #40430
I have been trying to connect adapter to my custom Kali. I followed the instructions as in the lecture.
1. I added it in settings
2. Boot custom kali
3. Went to devices to connect it.
But the problem is the the WiFi doesn’t show for me to connect my network. I was only able to connect it once and it worked. I’ve tried to update firmware and it says it up to date. I have tried to install compact wireless and after that it showed USB wireless connection option which my adapter but when I try to connect to network, it stop after I put my router password and return an error message ‘connection failed’ please what could be the cause and the solution.
I have tried different things
ThanksJune 20, 2020 at 7:53 pm #40437
Yah I have this problem. Please help me.June 20, 2020 at 8:47 pm #40438
Bro, this video saved the day for me. I almost lost my mind. I hope it works for you. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mIb1vkkUmDY
EnjoyJune 21, 2020 at 2:39 am #40465
Thank you Akabueze. It ‘s work but it cannot connect my wifi network. It says Connection Failed.June 21, 2020 at 4:56 am #40472diegoModerator
Are you still using the latest custom kali image provided by Zaid? Cause it has the needed drivers for that specific chipset. And should work out of the box.
Also you can try:
– Experiment with connecting the adapter before and after Kali fully loads, and after you log in as root.
– Experiment with setting the adapter to use USB 2 and USB 3.
– Make sure you connect the adapter directly to the computer, don’t use a hub or an extension.
– And experiment with connecting the adapter to different USB ports.
Hope it helps!
DiegoJune 21, 2020 at 6:32 am #40474
Experiment with the connection but make sure you disable the adapter in windows control panel and forget it as a network on your windows WiFi connection.June 21, 2020 at 6:37 am #40475
yah i do it but it show same result.June 21, 2020 at 8:10 am #40478
Send a screenshot of the error message you get
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.