Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    icare90
    Participant

Hello

First of all, I would like to thank you. Your course is simply great.

Using airodump-ng, my devices appear as not associated to a BSSID whereas I know they are connected to the router (Livebox-F34E

BSSID
    (not associated)

Could you please tell me what could be the reason for it ?

Best regards,

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    The not associated message means the devices are not connected to a network, maybe the mac addresses with such message doesn’t belong to your devices. First make sure of it.

Greetings!
    Diego

icare90
    Participant

Hello Diego,

I can confirm that the devices are connected to my network.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Can you share a screenshot with the results of airodump? And other one where we can see the mac address of the device that is connected to the network.

Can you tell me the exact model of your adapter?(brand and model)

Greetings!
    Diego

icare90
    Participant

Hello,

Please see the screenshots in attachments

300M WIFI adapter RTL8192EU Chipset
    Brand : OcioDual

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Unfortunately that screenshot doesn’t tell me much as I don’t have the rest of the info, I asked you for a screenshot with the mac address of a device connected to your network. And it also seems you are very far from the all the routers, I suggest to get closer to yours. And it seems you run the general airodump command and not the one to target your network.

Greetings!
    Diego

icare90
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry about that. My explanations were not clear enough.
    When I run airodump-ng, I can see my router (XX:XX:XX:XX:F3:4E). I can also see only part of my devices which are connected to the router (ex: XX:XX:XX:XX:4B:B2) but they appeared as not associated (BSSID column).

When I run airodump-ng on this specific BSSID (my router) and the right channel, there is no output.
    I don’t know what could be the reason
    The router that does not communicate this info ?
    An issue with the wifi adpater ? Before buying a new one, I wanted to be sure that it comes from the adapter.

I will likely buy a new one and let you know if it works.

Thanks a lot

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Well, the adapter has a chipset that is not recommended and it might be part of the problem. Also, it seems you are very far from the router so the packets might be losing in the way and airodump can’t gather reliable information. The device with a mac address terminating in 4B:B2 is not connected to the router, it is even trying to connect to a different one. So if possible get one of the recommended chipsets and get closer to the router.

You have to do a local research cause availability may vary from country to country but the important thing is the chipset, I recommend anything with an Atheros or RTL8812AU chipset.
    Checkout the adapters on the following link, they all support monitor mode and packet injection:
    https://www.zsecurity.org/shop​

If you’re not sure which one to get the checkout the chipsets used by the adapters in this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lqRZ3MWPXY​​

Thanks!
    Diego

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.