Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Baruna S Nugraha
    Participant

Can you help me why my airodump NG did not show any connected device in my machine?
    It is already in monitor mode.
    I am using WiFi adaptor with RTL8812AU Chipset.
    Thanks

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Did you add the card to the USB list as shown in lecture 11? If you did, then make sure that you don’t physically connect the card to the computer until Kali is fully booted, connect the card, then go to the devices menu (beside the file menu) >> USB >> Click your device.
    If you’ve already done the above, then please try the following suggestions:

– Experiment with connecting the adapter before and after Kali fully loads, and after you log in as root.
    – Experiment with setting the adapter to use USB 2 and USB 3 in VirtualBox’s USB settings.
    – Make sure you connect the adapter directly to the computer, don’t use a hub or an extension.
    – And experiment with connecting the adapter to different USB ports.

Greetings!
    Diego

msphonerepair.be
    Participant

Hi

Having the same issuse – adaptor is found, i can set it into monitoring mode all that works but is not seeing any networks around me with airodump-ng it’s connected directly to laptop – i don’t have usb 3.0 port so stuck for the moment

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!

In the VirtualBox’s USB menu you can select to use USB 1,2 or 3, there’s no need for your computer to have USB 3 physical port. So can yoy try what id mentioned above?

Thanks!
    Diego

msphonerepair.be
    Participant

Fixed – had to select usb type 3 to get it to work – thanks
    on the Pi4 they also work great

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!

Cool you got it!
    Diego

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.