Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lacanster
    Participant

Preliminary Issues To PY ethical hacking practicals

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    If your laptop lacks of virtualization feature then you’ll need a new computer. Because even if you install kali as main OS (which is not recommended) you still need to run windows and metasploitable which are virtual machines used alog the course. If you can’t afford a new computer now maybe try to borrow one from a friend or relative.

Greetings!
    Diego

lacanster
    Participant

funny answer to a serious participant question……From the description of the author the virtualization item is found in Task manager – performance- virtualization not enabled so this exist in my laptop ……..T that on windows start up for ACER click………………………ESc, F12, F9 when I did that i found the BIOS set -up but the configuration of the virtual tech is not found..

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    If there’s no virtualization option in BIOS then your computer can’t run virtual machines. In task manager it’s normal to see Virtualization disabled when your computer lacks of virtualization. And I’m not joking, if it doesn’t have virtualization feature then it won’t be able to run virtual machines, but to corroborate it, can you tell the exact name of the processor your computer have?

Greetings!
    Diego

lacanster
    Participant

Glad you not joking.thanks
    here is the processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Solo CPU U3500 @ 1.40GHz 1.40 GHz
    I would be glad if you can think of applicable solution as i wana explore teachings over the virtual environment
    so that learning can be interesting and real

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!

I tried to look for info about the procesor but it is discontinued and there’s no info about virtualization. So you can try to update the BIOS, just do a google research about how to do it in your exact brand and model computer.
    This video can give you an idea:

Greetings!
    Diego

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.