Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    FlashSn0w
    Participant

Hi Diego,
    Recently I switched to macOS on my PC and my VMs are in the Windows drive. Is there a way I can access them from VMware on macOS?

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    What exactly do you mean by I switched to macOS on my PC? Do you have a hackintosh? Did you install it as dual boot? Can you elaborate a bit more about what have you done? I need more details to be able to know if what you have asked is possible or not.

Greetings!
    Diego

FlashSn0w
    Participant

I installed macOS on a dual boot with Windows on separate drives. macOS detects the Windows drive, which is in NTFS, and I can copy files from the Windows drive to the macOS drive but I am not able to write files to the Windows drive from macOS and I am not able to open the Kali VM file (which is on the Windows drive) in macOS. Also I want to be able to do this because the changes I will made to the Kali machine from macOS, will asp apply for it when I am in Windows. Hopefully, you understand what I mean because my English is not very good.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by FlashSn0w.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by FlashSn0w.
    Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    It seems that the disk doesn’t have write nor execute permissions, it will be better to store the machines in an external device so you can use them from any OS, that will be the easiest thing.

Greetings!
    Diego

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Diego PérezDiego Pérez.
    FlashSn0w
    Participant

I actually installed one software called Paragon NTFS for Mac and it gives me read amd write permissions over the Windows drive.

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Cool you got it!
    Diego

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.