Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    mungar
    Participant

receive stated error after installing and trying to start firefox on vnc machine
    also after installing and starting NOVNC server, to start firefox I have to execute Control C at terminal , which then terminates NOVNC

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Can you share some screenshots of the errors?

Greetings!
    Diego

mungar
    Participant

screenshot error attached

suggestion noted on below, from MadeInGermany, tried, but not resolved problem

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/need-help-running-from-command-line-4175711319/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Maybe this is related to killing NoVNC, don’t do it. You can get a second ssh session to run any other command, try it out.

Greetings!
    Diego

mungar
    Participant

NOVNC has nothing to do with it, I get error message after executing firefox command before even starting NOVNC

mungar
    Participant

Through discussions with a friend, using export DISPLAY=:1.0, firefox started but displayed a new error of below. But heck, after displaying error message, my AWS instance freezes and I could not even connect anymore, even after rebooting or stopping and then restarting through AWS console, any suggestions ?

The glxtest error message when running Firefox typically indicates a issue with the OpenGL or graphics drivers. Here’s what it might mean:

– glxtest is a test for OpenGL support, which Firefox uses for hardware acceleration and rendering.
    – If glxtest fails, it can indicate a problem with:
    – OpenGL drivers
    – Graphics card configuration
    – X server setup
    – Library dependencies

Common errors include:

– glxtest: unable to open display
    – glxtest: failed to create GLX context
    – glxtest: failed to create OpenGL context

To address this, try:

1. Updating graphics drivers
    2. Checking X server configuration
    3. Disabling hardware acceleration in Firefox (by setting gfx.direct2d.disabled to true in about:config)
    4. Verifying library dependencies (like libGL, libGLX, or libX11)

mungar
    Participant

By the way in video, I saw same error briefly displayed, but it went away, unlike on my AWS instance where server instance froze machine and I cannot even reconnect after rebooting/restarting

Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Are you able to ssh into the instance?

Let me know.
    Diego

mungar
    Participant

Nope, that’s what I indicated earlier. Ever since firefox froze server, my ssh connection times out even after I rebooted/restarted machine and even though I did not make any change to inbound firewwall rules

mungar
    Participant

with error snippet

Attachments:
    Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    Then terminate that instance and create a new one, it might be broken.

Greetings!
    Diego

mungar
    Participant

found the problem, looks like not only did AWS change the hosting region on me but they also changed the IP (and they give no notification), so back in business in terms of ssh connecting, but still a dead end cause even though export DISPLAY command working, FIrefox not, oh well, so much for the exercise (see attachment) unless u have some additional thoughts. Maybe I have to upgrade to paying AWS instance ?

Attachments:
    Diego PérezDiego Pérez

Hi!
    In any case try with a new instance, something might be broken in the current one.

Greetings!
    Diego

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.